Have you ever felt like you're all alone?
When you got a job, you could rest easy knowing that when you went to work, you'd receive training on how to do your job. A supervisor would both give you guidance and hold you accountable. But you hated having a boss, and knew you could do better out on your own. So one day you quit your job and put out your shingle.
And that's when you discovered the terrible truth– being on your own can be hard and scary. There's no one to turn to but yourself for help. Sometimes it just feels wrong, like it's all going to collapse at any moment. One month you can't possibly keep up with the workload. The next month you're worried about paying bills.
What if instead you could work 30 hours/week & make six figures–with no employees & almost no overhead?
Remember why you quit your safe 9-5 job in the first place?
It was probably to...
- Be your own boss
- Love what you do
- Earn more money
- Take vacations
- Spend time with friends & family
And then the reality set in. You got caught up in a never ending carousel of client projects, all while not knowing where your next paycheck may come from. And that sucks.
But it doesn't have to be that way. That dream you have is real. I know it because we — each of us — are living it now. And it isn't because we're lucky. It's because each of us have spent three, five, or ten (or more!) years trying (and often failing) to build a consulting business that fulfilled the dreams that all of us want. Your dream is real, and as a business owner, you can make it happen.
Build a business that fits the life you want
The Independent Consulting Manual has all you need to know about building a successful high-profit consulting practice that fits the life you want.
Whether you're just starting out as a freelancer, running a small agency, or even just using consulting to fund a SaaS business, the Independent Consulting Manual has what you need to know to build and grow a successful consulting business. A roundtable of expert authors, all of whom have built six-figure consultancies in the last five years, share the lessons they learned and what you need to know to succeed.
Take a moment and ask yourself: What would you do with 10%, 20% or even 50% more money than you are currently making? Now look through this list of topics included in The Independent Consulting Manual to help you make that dream a reality.
The Independent Consulting Manual will teach you how to:
- Effectively use facebook ads
- Avoid late payments & get paid on time
- Handle overdue invoices
- Grow an audience using podcasts
- Productize your consulting offerings
- Plan actual minimal viable products
- Send effective cold outreach emails
- Use winning email & phone scripts
- Faster fulfillment with processes
- Cope with entrepreneurial stress
- Better qualify your clients
- Start and run a professional Slack
- Properly structure your sales website
- Write proposals using options
- Multiply the value of your services
- Establish your fool-proof positioning
- Say no to bad work
- Automate your sales pipeline
- Master consulting’s emotional game
- Transition to value-based fees
- Travel as a business owner
- Use social media to get new clients
- Maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Run your business from anywhere
- Most importantly, you’ll learn how to make more money.
Plus, learn from these roundtable video panels covering...
- Productized Consulting
- Marketing and Promotion
- Hiring and Firing Clients
- Work / Life Balance
- Pricing and Money
- Sales, Sales, and Sales
Are you ready for the life you want?
Whether you're looking to level up your existing business, or quit your job tomorrow, The Independent Consulting Manual is the shortcut to success, because it's based on the real life experiences of design, development, and online marketing consultants just like you.
Learn the insider secrets of these world-class consultants:
“This sounds great, but can I really do this?”
We want your success, but we can't want it for you. You're going to have to put the work in. Beyond that, there's no other requirements to build a successful consultancy. If you're reading this, you have a computer with internet access, what else do you need? You can do this if you give yourself permission.
Why wait? Buy now with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Why put off building the business that gives you the life you want? You can buy the Independent Consulting Manual and start today. Plus the book comes with a 100% guarantee of your satisfaction. If you're not happy for any reason, we'll refund your money within 14 days of your purchase, and you can go back to doing what you always did (and you'll get what you always got.) That's our promise to you.
Looking to share the Independent Consulting Manual with a group?
We've got you covered. When you order a group license, you can share the contents of the Independent Consulting Manual (books, roundtable videos, and bonuses) with your mastermind, meetup group, or organization. Email us today to set this up!
We want your investment in the Independent Consulting Manual to give you more value than you could ever imagine. So we've put together a collection of bonuses (Included in the 'Complete' and 'Strategy' packages) to help you build a better freelancing business.
When you purchase the Independent Consulting Manual, you'll also receive the following...
- "How To Qualify, Sell, and Close A New Client" Video Presentation, by Brennan Dunn — In this 55 minute presentation, Brennan lays out exactly how you can qualify new clients, learn about their business, and ultimately write a high-price proposal that promises a high-value project.
- Cadence & Slang, by Nick Disabato — Cadence & Slang is a series of evergreen guidelines that advocate simplicity, consistency, and humanity in technology.
- The Positioning Manual, by Philip Morgan — Positioning is hard for people because you could do so many things well. How do you choose? The Positioning Manual provides the process for finding out. No other marketing or positioning book on the market is written for developers and technical agencies.
- The Creative Professional's Guide: How to Write Better Proposals, by Nathan Powell — After struggling for years with client proposals, Nathan founded Nusii, an online proposal solution for fellow creative professionals, and wrote this book to help you understand how to write better proposals.
- The Ultimate Facebook Ads Cheat Sheet, by Mojca Marš — A step-by-step cheat sheet to guide you to discovering the perfect type of ad for your campaign and the most effective targeting to reach your audience. It just doesn't get more blueprint-ish than this.
- The Good Creative, by Paul Jarvis — You’re creative. You dream and plan and make stuff – all the time. And whether that “stuff” is a book, a startup, or abstract crayon art on the bathroom wall, you have a nagging feeling that you could take your work further. The Good Creative outlines the 18 habits of the world’s most respected artists. It’s a concise, invigorating manifesto for creative pursuits of every kind.
- The Freelance Pricing Handbook, by Glenn Stovall — "How Much Do I Charge?" is one of the most common question people who are freelancing — or people that are considering freelancing — ask. In order to address this problem, Glenn put together the Freelance Pricing Handbook. It’s a quick read designed to help you learn how to approach how to charge for your services.
- Member Up, by Michael Steele and Travis Northcutt — "Member Up" is a book on creative strategies that you can use to lift sales for your membership site. It will give you a process to follow from establishing the core of your marketing to improving your pricing models, email automation and how you sell your products.
- 20% Discount on Podcast Outreach, by Kai Davis — In Podcast Outreach, you'll learn a system to appear on the podcasts that your "best buyers" listen to as an expert and authority in your industry.
- 20% Discount on The Outreach Blueprint, by Kai Davis — In The Outreach Blueprint, you'll learn a framework you can apply to get a response from anyone you email.
- The Facebook Ads Manual, by Mojca Marš — (50% Discount)
- Email Templates for Freelancers, by Kurt Elster — (50% Discount)
- The Project Estimation Guide, by Glenn Stovall — (50% Discount)
- Marketing For Developers, by Justin Jackson — (25% Discount)
- Handle Your Business, by Pete Keen — (25% Discount)
- Bootstrapping Design, by Jarrod Drysdale — (25% Discount)
- The Tiny Designer, by Jarrod Drysdale — (25% Discount)
- Recurring Revenue Recipes for Freelancers, by Ryan Castillo — (25% Discount)
- Drip Profits: Marketing Automation Course, by Kurt Elster — (50% Discount)
- Productize: The Course on Productized Services, by Brian Casel — (25% Discount)
- Website Teardown: Video Website Audit, by Kurt Elster and Kai Davis — ($200 Discount)
- Wise Cash: Cashflow Forecasting, by Thibaut Barrère — (3-Month Extended Trial)
- Drip: Email Marketing Automation, by Rob Walling — (3-Month Extended Trial)
- Freckle: Time Tracking Software, by Amy Hoy and Thomas Fuchs — (3-Month Extended Trial)
- Remarq: Beautiful Documents for Consultants, by Jeremy Green — (40% Discount)
Books, Guides, and Videos — Included With Your Purchase
Exclusive Discounts With Your Purchase
Praise for the Independent Consulting Manual:
Reading the Independent Consulting Manual, it's like the whole world (or a dozen very smart and kind folks) is conspiring to help me succeed with my business. :-)
Quick note — love the ICM book! The round table videos are the perfect companion, I just wish there were more. Its like putting a tap to your brains!
I would whole-heartedly recommend this book to freelancers and consultants because it not only understands the difficulties of running a consulting business but it gives you proven strategies to grow your business with better clients, whilst working on better projects, and being happier throughout the daily turmoil of working for yourself.
Reading "Avoiding Late Payments" by Julie Elster equipped me with useful tools for aligning incentives for timely consistent payment and minimizing risk of financial exposure in terms of unpaid work.
Most of all, I enjoyed the specific, practical advice that Julie shared on attracting qualifying worthwhile clients and remaining confident in the abundance of the market. Reading "Avoiding Late Payments" helped equip me with:
- A set of clear questions for understanding your client's relationship to their project
- An understanding of the importance of practicing conversation and negotiation involving money before talking with clients
- A focus on the value of your service as a basis for price (as well as guidance in illustrating specific ROI and positive outcomes for clients)
Over the course of many years as a consultant, I've made several of the missteps that Julie describes — and encountered many of the same challenges she addresses in this chapter! In my experience, the guidance Julie and the rest of the authors provide is simple to apply and consistently effective. Thanks for showing a clear and attainable path to success!
Stress is a very real hazard of running a business — and if left unchecked, will lead to a lackluster personal and professional life.
After reading the chapter "Don't Adopt Anxiety: Coping With Entrepreneurial Stress", I have a solid, focused understanding of the tactics needed to evaluate and eliminate stress while running an independent business.
The chapter of stress reduction not only gave ways to reduce stress, but explained how to identify stresses. I'm looking forward to:
- Proactively eliminate stress from my life
- Increase my performance and happiness from reduction of stress
I'm happy to recommend this chapter — and the entire Independent Consulting Manual — to other independent business owners who are looking for actionable, specific advice.
"Hm, I'd love to read a sample chapter first..."
Excellent! Enter your email address below and we'll send you a sample chapter from the book on why "Turning Down Work Is Good For Your Business".
We've all had clients that we've hated. Clients that have drained us of all of our energy. Clients that we should have turned down. In this sample chapter, Jeremy Green explores how you can determine if a client is someone you should work with — or someone that you should turn down.
What email address can I send this to?